Tekashi 6ix9ine has one less legal woe off of his plate.
According to TMZ, the 23-year-old rapper's Houston assault case, stemming from an alleged 2018 altercation, has been tossed out after the alleged victim requested it. A judge reportedly signed off on the request on Monday (November 25).
Back in 2018, Santiago Albarran reportedly recorded Tekashi against his wishes, which allegedly resulted in the "FEFE" rapper chocking him. At the recent court hearing, Santiago told Tekashi's attorney that "he wanted to drop the charges, and also apparently said he'd expressed that to the prosecution too," TMZ reports. The State of Texas also reportedly chose to dismiss the case because prosecutors believed moving Tekashi to Texas would be a "security risk" given the fact that he's cooperated with the feds in NYC, referring to the "BEBE" rapper's snitching against his former associates.
As fans know, Tekashi, who is currently facing a 47-year prison sentence, took the stand in a Manhattan federal court in September and not only named names — he alleged that Jim Jones, Cardi B, Trippie Redd, and many more artists are all gang affiliated— he also revealed his role in Nine Trey Gangsta Bloods and previously unknown details about the gang's activity in hopes of getting a shorter sentence.
The "FEFE" rapper's testimony, at least in part, led to two of his ex-fellow gang members receiving guilty verdicts.
Tekashi is set to face a judge on December 18, which means he could be a free man before the end of the year.
Photo: Getty Images